CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

I'm a Liberal Conserv-repub-licrat

I wanna thank everyone who has commented on my last blog. I know its a hard issue for people to wanna talk about, but I appreciate everyone's feedback. I'm no expert, and I never claimed to be. I only have my own feelings and what it sums up to is that God loves us all. I know with all my heart God loves each and every individual depsite race, creed, gender, and sexual orientation. I also believe that homosexuality is not a choice, I know in my heart that it was we are genetically programed before birth. My sister said it so eloquently: "God is perfect, or so they say. So why would he genetically engineer people to be homosexual if he didn't love them that way. And it's not a choice. Any who think people choose a life of ridicule, inequality, abuse, unacceptance, and even violence, is not only ignorant but completely insane, in my less than humble opinion." AMEN SISTA!

An LDS scientist by the name of Dr. William Bradshaw, of BYU's biology department was seen on the tv show 60 minutes to discuss genetic research he has done which he believes proves that homosexuality is a result of biologial orientation due to different hormones and genes. Here is a link to an article in the BYU newsletter (published by BYU) about Dr. Bradshaw's believe that people do not choose to be gay, but that it is a genetic predisposition: http://newsnet.byu.edu/story.cfm/49488

Yes, I do believe people often "choose" the homosexual lifestyle" because nowadays its considered "cool" or "hip." But I dont think people should judge true, natural born gays, with people that want to be gay for the wrong reasons.

Ok, now I want to share some political thoughts. I do not consider myself republican, or democratic, or conservative, or even liberal. I do not want to label myself by a particular party. I choose to vote based on policies and principals, not by a "party." If if were to choose a party, I guess you could say I am pretty liberal. But even though I'm a liberal person, I'm still very very conservative. I guess I'm just a walking contradiction. but I dont like to limit m y choices in life. I think each situation needs to be reviewed from all angles. I won't go into it more than that. But what I will say is that I will not vote for Obama. I wish I could. But I will not do it. And I'm not voting for him for many reasons. Its not cause he's black, it has NOTHING to do with race. It has nothing to do with him being a democrat, despite my history of voting republican. Its because I dont think he has the knowledge and experience required to run our nation. I hate his views and he's ideals. I hate that he wants to raise taxes. I hate that he blames Bush for our nations problems. Our economy would be horrible with or without Bush having been elected.

I want to specify that I didn't want to vote for McCain, but I WILL vote for McCain because I refuse to vote for Obama. I do not necessarily agree with all of McCain's views, but just like our last election 4 years ago, its all about "choosing the lesser of two evils." Yes, I voted for Bush 4 years ago, and yes I get lectured and harrassed all the time about it. But I still stand by my vote, and I still support Bush. I didn't want to vote for him, but I truely believe this nation woulda gone to hell had John Kerry became our president.

My BFF had this video clip on her blog, and I totally stole it. I love how passionate he is about his true beliefs, and I love that he can present himself with humor yet still be so educated and well spoken. I hope that you will all take 10 minutes out of your busy schedules and watch what this man has to say.

Its called "BTW I'm voting for McCain/Palin." FREAKING AWESOME!

1 comments:

Jay said...

Nice. I actually went to the BYU website after reading this to check if William Bradshaw was still in the employment of BYU since all that went down... http://newsnet.byu.edu/story.cfm/49488 I do think it is interesting that Prof Bradshaw explicitly gave his lecture off-campus, but I was proud of BYUnewsnet for reporting on it. It just seemed so ironic that BYU arrests gay demonstrators on their campus, but one of their bona fide professors teaches that homosexuality has genetic correlation. The Lord truly works in mysterious ways.